“DIY” is an abbreviation for “Do It Yourself”. It can be cost effective and fun for one to mix e-juice flavors on their own since the process isn't as complicated as people think. A good e-liquid can make one transition to vaping from traditional smoking a lot easier to accomplish, along with the right device/setup of course. This can be done by first identifying the flavor that works best for a person. This is very crucial. It can also be a complicated step since these juices come in different brands and flavors. Online purchases for these e-liquids are also available and one can consider the ones praised by many vapers who use them.
However, for one to realize an alternative that works best for themselves, one must experiment on the different flavors by making their own e-juices.
For one to be able to make the DIY e-liquids, they must have a list of ingredients, instructions and basic equipment required. Knowing the ingredients helps one familiarize with what is required.
- Diluted nicotine is very essential when making a batch. The recipe tends to taste different depending on the amounts of nicotine, the higher the levels of nicotine the sweeter the taste.
- Vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol commonly known as diluent are also mixed and in the mixture. Their major role is to dilute the highly concentrated nicotine and flavorings which are usually highly concentrated.
- The flavor is also another crucial element that cannot miss out. There are a variety of flavors which help the vaper create a favorite formula. They’re designed in a way that specifically involves inhalation rather than food flavoring.
After one is set with the ingredients the following steps can be followed:
- Step #1: Determine the nicotine strength needed
- Step #2: Transfer the nicotine to bottles
- Step #3: Squirt the nicotine in a 500ml bottle
- Step #4: Add flavor
- Step #5: Dilute the flavors then add the diluents. At this step one is done with the preparation.
- Final Step: Packaged/stored and ready for vaping.
- The strengths of nicotine to be purchased should be considered since this can be dangerous for one's consumption.
- The advisable maximum strengths are between 24mg to 36mg.
- Nicotine which is 99% pure should also not be used since it can be rapidly absorbed by the bloodstream and end up bringing complications to the user.
Get Out There and DIY VapeThe making of one's own e-juice helps most vapers save on the cost, since buying ingredients is cheaper than purchasing the final product. Apart from this, one is also able to consume a better product because the preparations are done by themselves.