Cloud chasing has become popular in the vaping community and it has gotten to a point where events and competitions are being held to determine the best cloud chasers. Cloud chasing involves exhaling dense clouds of vapor and in the cloud chasing world, the thicker, the better.
To successfully attain a dense cloud of vapor during exhalation, cloud chasers should consider several factors such as the type of juice they are using, and the ratios of the ingredients, the tank, and coil that your device has. The basics to achieving dense clouds involve having a higher VG to PG ratio in your e-juice and maximizing airflow in your device. Another very important factor for cloud chasing is plenty of power and therefore vapers from all over the world are going for mods that have up to 100W.
The bottom line is that more power creates bigger clouds and this is the primary reason why cloud chasers prefer to use high watt mods. When you vape at 100W, you produce bigger and denser clouds than you would obtain if you were vaping at lower wattages. How does high wattage help in the production of thick clouds? When you increase the power that is flowing through your devices coils, you increase the amount of heat that is generated, and this is one of the reasons why you also need maximum airflow to produce dense clouds. It is advisable to use a sub-ohm atomizer because they can cope with the high-power settings.
Another way that cloud chasers can produce massive clouds from their mods is having maximum airflow, which majorly keeps your coils cool. Getting maximum airflow through your coils enables you to keep the temperature at a minimum. The reason why low temperatures are important is to avoid your wick from burning because of too much power or deficient airflow.
Apart from preventing your wick from burning, sufficient airflow brings a fresh flow of air and this encourages compression of the vapor into a cloud. Maximum airflow also gives your mod a chance to make more vapor by condensing back some vapor into e-liquid. When e-liquid is vaporized, the space above the coil becomes saturated with vapor and the only way to create more vapor is if some of it condenses back, if you have a constricted airflow, the saturation prevents more vapor from being produced. However, maximum airflow from your mod allows the condensed vapor to be replaced by the newly formed vapor, hence, giving you more vapor and enabling you to exhale denser clouds.
Cloud chasing in the vaping world has become more and more popular, and while some people may be opposed to it, for some it is more of a lifestyle than it is a hobby. If you are new to vaping and cloud chasing is something that you would consider, then there are some precautions that you should be aware of.
First, always ensure that you use the right equipment to minimize chances of a vaping accident; do research before you attempt to start cloud chasing to ensure that your vaping experience does not become hazardous. When you finally begin to cloud chase, always be cautious about the battery. If it begins to feel too hot, then it is best that you stop and let the mod cool off before using it again.
Cloud competitions are something that have been getting increasingly popular over the last several years. This type of competition is also known as cloud chasing and is where vapers compete against each other to see who has the best clouds. There could be all kinds of different categories and multiple winners. The categories could be: biggest cloud, coolest tricks, and coolest cloud shape. These are simply a few that could be judged.
These types of competitions usually take place at vaping expos. These competitions are taken very seriously and they even have sponsors, judges, and cash prizes. There are many who come to these expos just to watch the cloud competitions and they enjoy seeing the new tricks and the big clouds.
The people who usually participate in these competitions are professional vapers. Not only do they practice their tricks and clouds a lot but they have been practicing for a long time. They usually have sponsors and even fans. In this respect, it is like cage fighting or competitive eating.
These competitions will have different rules based on where it is being held, who is holding it, and the sponsors of the competition. This will also usually determine the prize, whether it be cash or something physical. Most of these competitions have very similar rules, which some of the universal rules are:
- The judges will be people who are not connected to anyone in anyway.
- The announcer is not allowed to offer any judging input and cannot be a judge.
- The competitors will stand back to back at a designated place and the place isn't up for discussion.
- There will be a countdown so you know when to inhale and exhale.
- The contestants are expected to blow out at a 45-degree angle and away from their bodies.
- If a contestant blows out before the announcer tells them to then it will be considered a foul.
- A contestant can have one do-over and only one foul. If there are more than one fouls then the contestant is disqualified.
- Good sportsmanship is expected and if it isn't shown then the contestant will be disqualified.
- The way the winner is chosen is by the bracket method. The winner from each pairing will move to the next bracket until there are only 2 contestants left.
When it comes to rules about MODs, each competition will have their own requirements. This could be anything from having a certain number of Ohms to needing to have certain parts. You will have to make sure you know all the rules before entering a competition.
Most competitors will be using MODs because they are the preferred unit and because they are so customizable. These modders can experiment with their devices and make it so it produces bigger clouds. They can also mess with it to make the cloud either thinner or thicker, and that will help with certain kinds of tricks. You can pretty much experiment with every part of a MOD and make it completely your own- make it have the features that you want.
Other Things To Keep In Mind:
- The e-juice the competitors use can also make a difference. A lot of vapers will use juices of 70% or more VG in them. This is to be able to increase their cloud productivity.
- When using high levels of VG, not only will the MOD be important but the tank as well. Mainly the material of the tank. Hence why most of the vapers either use a Pyrex or glass tank that can handle the heat from their device as most of the tricks are done in a sub-ohmming style.
- The battery they use needs to be able to handle the power and heat
If you want to get into cloud competitions, then definitely do your research and make sure you read the rules thoroughly so you don't get disqualified. Another thing you should do is make sure you have the best MOD, e-juice, tank, and battery you possibly can use. And have some cool tricks up your sleeve because all the other competitors will be bringing their A-Game.